- Claz’room College respects your concerns regarding privacy and understands that you may have questions about how this Website collects and uses the information that you provide to us. This Policy is made available to inform you of the privacy principles that govern this Website.
- Visitors who browse this Website do so on an anonymous basis. We have not configured this Website to collect any information from your computer without your input. This means that, unless you voluntarily and knowingly provide us with information, we will not know your identity, your e-mail address, or any other information identifiable to you.
- When we need to collect personally identifiable information from you to provide you with a particular service, we will ask you to voluntarily supply us with the information we need. For example, if you would like to make an appointment with us online, we will ask you for information including but not limited to name, telephone number, email address and course preference to proceed with arranging an appointment for you.
- The personally identifiable information you provide to us is made available to the applicable department for the purpose of meeting your request(s). We will use your email address to send a confirmation and, if necessary, might use the other information to contact you for the relevant services.
- After making an appointment or completing any services of your request with us, unless you tell us otherwise, the information you provide will be used by us for the marketing of CLaz’room courses and other related products or services.
- Claz’room may use the services of a third-party company for sending electronic correspondence such as e-mail and WhatsApp messages for the sole purpose of promotion and communication. We may also ask you to fill out an online customer survey, to obtain your suggestions or comments about Claz’room, or for similar purposes. It is your sole discretion if you wish to provide such information.
- This Website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly solicit or collect personally identifiable information from children.
- We treat the information you provide to us as confidential information, it is, accordingly, subject to our company’s security procedures and policies regarding the protection and use of confidential information.
- Claz’room does use the services of third parties, such as email service providers, mail houses as well as entities and marketing companies that provide varied services for Claz’room. These parties are contractually prohibited from using personally identifiable information for any purpose other than for the purpose Claz’room specifies. We prohibit the sale or transfer of personally identifiable information to entities outside of Claz’room for any non-Claz’room use without your approval.
- Our Website makes only limited use of “cookie” technology. Cookies are strings of text that a Website transmits to a user’s computer. Cookies enable a website to keep track of a user’s preferences and activities relating to that website. Our Website creates a temporary cookie for each visit in order to facilitate your visit. Our cookies expire automatically after you leave our Website. These cookies transmit no information about you or your computer back to Claz’room.
- This Website is owned and managed by Claz’room in Malaysia and is therefore governed by the laws of Malaysia and you further agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Malaysian courts.
- Claz’room will disclose personally identifiable information without your permission when required by law, or in good faith belief that such action is necessary to investigate or protect against harmful activities to Claz’room, customers, visitors, employees, or property (including this Website), or to others.
In the future, we may need to change this privacy statement. All changes will be made here so that you will always know what information we gather, how we might use that information and whether we will disclose it to anyone. For your information, this statement was last updated on 01 July 2022.
Personal Data Protection
The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) came into force on 15 November 2013, and Clazroom Education Sdn. Bhd. (“Claz’room” or “Claz’room College”) is committed to complying with PDPA and protecting our customers’ personal information.
By applying to be a student of Claz’room, by engaging Claz’room to provide services, by communicating with or interacting with Claz’room either at our events, conferences, seminars, talks or otherwise or by using Claz’room Website: https://clazroom.edu.my, you consent to the processing of your Personal Data (as defined herein and by Personal Data Protection Act 2010) by Claz’room and all persons, bodies, companies, schools, colleges, universities, corporation, relevant authorities and/or third-party service or product providers within or outside Malaysia involved in the provision of services by Claz’room or in the course business.
(A) What Personal Data is:
Personal data refers to any information which may directly or indirectly identify a person which could include sensitive personal data and expression of opinions, including but not limited to:
- Identity card number
- Place of Birth
- Examination Result
- Education History
- Employment History
- Medical History
- Race and/or Religion
- Photos, drawings and/or artworks
Claz’room collects your Personal Data directly or indirectly from you, your child, your parents, your family members, your guardians and/or recruitment agents, your colleagues and credit reference agencies for job applicants, vendors and alike, from a variety of sources including without limitation through completed enquiry form, course application form via various means including online and physical copies, at education fairs, school fairs, events, conferences, talks, seminars, classes, through your registration at our alumni community website (such as Talent Hub), or by using the Claz’room Website.
In general, Personal Data will also be obtained from written or verbal communications or documents delivered to us prior to and during the course of our contractual or pre-contractual dealings with any affiliates, as well as usage of our website and any other information posted on our website, email or otherwise sent to us.
(B) Sources of Personal Data:
In processing relevant services, Claz’room may obtain personal data from various sources such as:
- From your application forwarded to us. By submitting any application to us, you hereby obtained consent for the information to be declared in the application.
- There could be capturing of images or audios e.g. CCTV for safety and/or recording purposes. A notice will be displayed to the effect.
- Third parties
- Claz’room affiliates in competition or survey or research or programmes.
- Your participation with other entities
- Your guardian, legal representative or guarantor.
- There may be a cross-reference of your personal data for loan applications or credit reference
- Previous education institutions or employers
- Your IP address is automatically logged into our server. Generally, we do not link your IP address to identify each link unless in case of a serious breach.
- You may adjust your browser to disable ‘cookies’ to prevent the storage of certain information in your system.
(C) Purpose of Personal Data:
In servicing our obligations, the purposes for which your personal data may be used include but not limited to:
- For assessment of any application to Claz’room
- For processing any benefits and services
- For communication purposes
- For advertorial and news
- For general administration and record purposes
- For enhancing the value of education
- For educational and related purposes consequential to Claz’room
- For replying any response to complaints and enquiries
- For the purpose of our corporate governance
- For consideration as a guarantor for Claz’room staff or student applying for his/her scholarship/study loan
(D) Disclosure of Personal Data:
- Claz’room is under a legal obligation to secure and protect confidential information including but not limited to personal data prior to and after PDPA and it is our continuous and existing policy to do so.
- In order to be effective in providing continuous service, certain disclosure needs to be exercised. Your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to the third party and/or CLAZ’ROOM collaborative partners including but not limited to the respective and appointed outsourcing agents for purpose of fulfilling our obligations to you in respect of the purposes and all such other purposes that are related to the purposes and also in providing integrated services, maintaining and storing records.
- In processing your welfare and/or providing our services, it is very important to transmit or share personal information with third parties, including but not limited to:
- the insurance company for processing insurance claims
- financial institutions for payment of financial rewards eg scholarship, loan, allowance, salary
- entities/affiliates for any loan/scholarship award or recognition and education-related activities
- your authorized third parties
- your guardian or legal representative or guarantor
- credit rating agency for credit reference in loan related application
- enforcement of regulatory and governmental agencies or by any order of the court or to meet obligations to authorities
- Your data may be shared when required by laws and when disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable laws.
Any personal information shall be retained by Claz’room in order to serve the above purposes and as required by relevant laws and shall be destroyed and/or deleted in accordance with our retention policy applicable for us in the event such information is no longer required.
You may access and update your Personal Data, or withdraw your consent, at any time by writing to us at email@example.com. We may require further details or confirmations if necessary. If you do not consent or subsequently withdraw your consent to the processing and disclosure of your personal data, Claz’room will not be able to fulfil our obligations to, contact, reward, or assist you in respect of the purposes and/or for any other purposes related to the purpose.
Last Updated : 01 July 2022