In search for potential creative talents in the country, Claz’room College and Star Supa Comic co-organising the < Supa Hero Art Competition > nationwide to offer a lifetime opportunity where secondary school students stand a chance to win scholarships from Claz’room College and prizes worth more than RM65,000 !
The registration site: https://sites.thestar.com.my/supacomic/contest.aspx
1) Drawing Theme : Create your own Super Hero
2) Who are eligible to participate?
To qualify, participants must be a Malaysian citizen; who is currently studying in a secondary school : Form 3 – Form 6
– (or) Senior Middle 1 to 3 (for chinese school)
– (or) a 2017-2018 SPM/STPM graduate.
3) Venue : Mid Valley Convention Centre, Mid Valley.
4) Registration Method : Pre-registration form via online-form: https://sites.thestar.com.my/supacomic/contest.aspx, and on-the-spot registration.
5) Method of competition: On-the-spot drawing competition
6) Entrance Fee: No registration fee to join the competition. However, must purchase the event entrance fees to participate.
7) Guidelines of art materials to be used for the competition :
● A3-size (42cm x 29.7cm) drawing paper will be provided on the day of the competition
● Participants are allowed to bring their own art materials. Any kind of art media, except digital prints.
8) Duration of competition : Each group in 75 mins duration
9) Time Schedule :
● Group A : 10.30am to 11.45am
● Group B : 12pm to 1.15pm
● Group C : 1.30pm to 2.45pm
● Group D : 3pm to 4.15pm
● Group E : 4.30pm to 5.45pm
11) Artworks will be judged based on the following criteria :
– Creativity and originality of the depicted theme.
– Quality of the artistic composition and execution.
– Overall impression and completion of the artworks. Overall, does the artworks stand on its own as a complete and outstanding work.
Rules and Regulations of competition :
● By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
● The organizer has the right to make any changes on the terms and conditions without prior notice.
● The age range of the competition is open from 13 to 18 years old.
● Must reflect “Create your own Superhero ” drawing theme. Draw or build your superhero for us (be creative and original).
● The Drawing Competition is open to children aged between 13 – 18 years old.
*Colouring Fun participants will not be given a Certificate of Participation.
● There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
● Only one (1) entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
● The competition is open for registration until 29th December 2018, the organizer must receive your entry to the Competition by 10.30am.
● Upon registration via online, a confirmation email will be sent to the registrant. This confirmation email serves as proof of registration and specifies all event details included in the registration.
● Participants have to register at the reception where the competition took place from 10.00am onwards on the event day. A copy of the participant’s ID (e.g. BC/student pass) and confirmation email must be presented at the reception.
● Participants have to stay in designated area to work on their drawings.
● Participants need to complete their drawing in 75 minutes time, and to leave the drawing area when the time is up. All entries must be the original work of the participant, completed on-the-spot on 29 Dec 2018 (must purchase the event entrance fees to participate).
● A parent or guardian must accompany the participant at all times.
● No responsibility can be accepted for entries if the confirmation email does not receive for whatever reason.
● Cancellation of registration must be submitted via email and is valid only with acknowledgement. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
● The drawing must be drawn on-the-spot in Mid Valley Exhibition Centre.
● Participants must use the paper provided by the organizers with Supa Comic and Claz’room College stamp behind it.
● Participants have to bring their own drawing and colouring materials.
● No side by side reference is allowed. Each participant may submit only one drawing. (Strictly NO digital printing is allowed).
● Entries will be judged based on the participants’ originality, completion and execution.
● Any false representation, erroneous information, violation of these rules and regulations or the general objectives of the competition (such as helping the participant develop or colour the artwork during the competition) will result in the
immediate disqualification of the participant.
● The organizer accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by You as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. The organizer further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to You or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
● The organizer reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or
discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior
notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case
of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud).The decision of the organizers on the winners will be final and binding. No correspondence in any matter shall be entertained.
● The prizes are as stated and no other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
● Organizer collects, processes, and uses, in accordance with data protection laws, such data of the participant as are required to fulfil contractual obligations and with a view to advising and informing the participant concerning future events and offers from the organizer. In connection therewith the organizer is entitled to further notice to contact the participant in writing or by phone.
● The organizer will have the rights to publish the winner’s artworks. All entries will belong to the participants and can be collected by the organizers instructions.